Friday 27 July 2012

Nice Watches

Nice Watches

Coal Miner's Daughter (Loretta Lynn)--I think it's the best musical biography. Period.
The Buddy Holly Story
Ray (Ray Charles)--critically acclaimed, but not one of my favorites
Beyond the Sea (Bobby Darin)--even if Kevin Spacey was too old to play Darin, it was still well done
What's Love Got to Do with It (Tina Turner) Pretty good, if it strays from the truth a little
Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline) I haven't seen it.
24 Hour Party People (Factory Records--I'm not a fan of the music myself, but a strong central performance and nifty writing got me into the movie)
Cadillac Records (Chess Records) I haven't seen it.
Control (2007) (Ian Curtis and Joy Division)--nicely acted
Sid and Nancy (Sid Vicious, not a singer, but it's still a musical biopic) I haven't seen it.


The following aren't actually based on real people but, rather, inspired by them:
The Idolmker (Bob Marcucci, Fabian, and Frankie Avalon)--same director as Ray, but I like this one better
Grace of My Heart (Carole King)--an underappreciated gem
The Rose (Janis Joplin)--Bette Midler is very good in the lead role
 

Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 Nice Watches

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles.patek philippe replica

    ReplyDelete